- The child must be age appropriate. That is, he/she must be 6 years of age by the 30 June of the year which he/she enters school for Grade 1 and 5 years by the 30 June of the year which he/she enters school for Grade R.
- First option for entry into the school will be given to the learners who live closest to the school. For convenience to determine the Northdene Community, the traditional demarcated map will be used. This map divides areas between neighbouring schools.
- Consideration for entry into the school will be given to those applicants who apply timeously.
- Consideration will be given to siblings applying for a position in the school.
- If there is still space in a particular grade, children who live further away will be considered. Priority will be given to those families who fulfil the criteria set out below:
- Transport to and from the school must not be a problem.
- Parents must be able to transport learners to and from school, sporting and cultural activities.
- Parents must be prepared to buy into and support the ethos and goals of the school.
- Show the highest academic record.
- Have a good disciplinary record.
In the event of the school being over-subscribed, the deciding factor is usually the distance between home and school, priority being given to those who live nearest.
When the choice of a secondary school has to be made, information is normally available from all local schools and advice may be obtained from the Principal.